Investment Conferences — How to Make an Impact
The Morningstar Investment Conference and Schwab’s Impact Conference are coming up. Are you ready for the investment industry’s premier events?
Morningstar and Schwab Impact are two of the industry’s most respected annual events bringing together advisors, mutual fund managers, and other financial experts to discuss investment strategies and provide timely knowledge, insights and resources to better serve your clients.
There’s still time to reach this important audience
Chances are, you’ve participated in these conferences so you know the importance of standing out from the competition. Have you added some eye-catching graphics to your booth? Do your communications materials need a fresh look? Is your key message breaking through? Here are some things to think about to determine if your booth and communication materials need some sprucing up.
How to make an impact at the conferences
Potential customers notice the look of your booth, so why have them draw unfavorable conclusions if it can be avoided? A unified, cohesive look and feel across all your communications is key. Simple, bold and consistent graphics are what draws customers to your booth; they communicate who you are and help to reinforce the key benefits of your fund(s). And that consistent look and feel should be carried and reinforced across all your communications – online and offline.
What you can do right now
There are a number of things you can do that are can be done in time and can make a big difference at the conferences. Keep in mind, financial audiences have become accustomed to (and expect) sophisticated and savvy communications, and if you don’t appeal to them in the manner they’ve become accustomed, they’ll move on to the next booth. Here are some things to consider that can be created or improved prior to the conferences.
- Create a landing page on your website with information and images from the conference. This may include a map or any photos that shows your booth location or information about your fund(s). You can also collect information about prospects and advisors so you are prepared to greet them with some relevant knowledge.
- Create eye-catching and communicative banners, table-tops, brochures, pop-ups, etc. for you booth. Most printed or manufactured items can be conceived and produced within the time frames for these conferences.
- Ensure that your display and all your marketing materials are consistent with your company’s brand, image and other materials.
- Integrate a slideshow or soundless video that captures your key messages.
- Provide an efficient way to sign up advisors for your marketing communications – email newsletters, special offers, etc.
- Eisenman Associates creates differentiated brands for wealth management and investment advisory firms, mutual funds and broker dealers. We help pinpoint what makes our clients and their products uniquely appealing to the investors they want to reach.
- Our comprehensive financial branding programs include logo design, firm/fund website design, corporate identity guides, trade show marketing, advertising, marketing, direct mail campaigns, presentation materials, brochures and collateral.
- To speak with us about how we can help you, call Nina Eisenman at 212-941-0550.
About Eisenman Associates